Monday, November 3, 2008

2.4m swim - 112m bike - 26.2m run




We all did it. IMFL09 here we come!

Its going to be a huge group! There are at least 11 TriPsyclones, plus a whole slew of people from Houston Racing and other Houston area groups. We volunteered over the weekend in order to get a spot for next year, which ended up being no problem at all since registration remained open until today. BUT it was a blast, and i learned quite a bit about how things work at IM as opposed to other triathlons. I am so excited! oI was registering on Sunday and i was just smiles from ear to ear and i wanted to take a picture with the dude that was registering me. I want to document it all so that i can make a kicka$$ scrapbook. Anyways, turns out that the guy registering me was Michael Lovato! It was awesome.


The weekend was just great all around and today has been great just being at home, getting a good run in, and running errands. I am going to a TOTR ab class that my friend told me about. i expect to be so sore in the morning, however, it is going to help in the hardenizing of my entire body in preparation for IMFL. Did i mention i was excited?! There were several friends that were at home trying to register and i was completely nervous for them thinking that they would not get in. Last year the race sold out in 7 minutes, plus the word on the volunteer street was that it was going to sell out quicker. we were somewhere in Alabama or Mississippi when they all finally were able to register.

There is one thing that has me worried....the swim. yea, i know...i was a collegiate scholarship swimmer, and i am worried about the swim. NOT the distance, not because i dont think i can do that much swimming...i can do that much in my sleep, but its the swimming in the middle of the ocean that has got me all worried. I swam with my friend on friday after we got there, and i have to admit that i was freaked out. QUITE a bit. Just something else i will have to get over i suppose. Gulf Shores or Coast or whatever its called half im should help get rid of the fear. i hope.



Thursday's workout
6 miles easy - 59:26 - Seymore Leiberman

Monday's workout
7 miles - 1:00 - Seymore Leiberman and surrounding neighborhoods


5 comments:

sassy stephanie said...

dumb ass

June said...

better you than me....

Augie said...

you guys are just jealous! keep your negativeness away from me ;)

TessyTris said...

First - I think you are one smart cookie. Not like those other girls! Second, Michael Lovato is such a cutie. I to to meet him and chat at the race in Galveston this year. Too bad he has a kick a$$, hot triathlete wife already or I'd be setting you up! Finally....WHAT you afraid of the swim???? Look at everyone we know who has already done that swim. You have nothing to worry about. Can't wait to train with you (if I can keep up!)

June said...

hehehehehe...I'll probably do one when Josiah is older and I have time to train...like in 2020