Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bookin' It!

How dorky is the title of my post!!
So I have been really consumed by reading. I really have this list of books that i have read and I think they are ALL good. The list includes:

The Twilight Series ---- everyone else was doing it, but I really enjoyed the books.

Marley and Me ----- A total teer jerker, but so well written, and really just as much a good laugh as a sobber.

The Posionwood Bible ----- LOVED IT. HArd to get into, but kept turning pages based on CB's recommendation. There was a point, where i literally couldnt stop reading. I really enjoyed this book.

The Glass Castle ---- RIDICULOUSLY GOOD --- Thanks JB

The Emperor's Children ---- EXCELLENT ---- Thanks CB

The Lovely Bones --- page turner. Thanks LW.

Eat, Pray, Love ---- I absolutely related to her story!

The Kite Runner ---- absolutely amazing book, it really touched me. Such a great story, really well written, and opened my eyes about the Afghan culture and the country. It is hard to swallow some of the scences that the book paints, but I think they add so much to the story and are a key part in making the book as impactful (is that a word?!) as it is.

The Time Traveler's Wife --- picked this up because my new manager told me it was one of her favorite books. It was tough to follow at the beginning, but once you get the hang of how the book works, it is amazing. It caused me to reflect on JR and my relationship. And really i felt a lot of connections between the character's relationship and my relationship. Needless to say, i really enjoyed the book and would highly recommended it.

I have now started reading A Thousand Splendid Suns, which is written by the author or The Kite Runner. I must say that is my favorite book of 2009. I REALLY loved it, and have heard great things about A Thousand Splendid Suns. I am on Chapter 4, but will hopefully be writing about it on the blog. Or not about the book, but what I think as the pages turn.

No comments: