Saturday, December 20, 2008

Event of the Day

I am casually shopping at barnes at nobles today. you know checking out some books, getting the last of my christmas presents, and inching my way over to the cash registers...i am looking at the christmas cards that are on sale...i am looking at this one cute card with a polar bear on it and so goes the conversation:

Guy: "This one is cute too" - showing card with puppy and snow
Me: "Yes that is cute"
Guy: "Are you Brazilian"
Me: "What?"
Guy: "Are you Brazilian?"
Me: "No, no-no, I am from Argentina"
Guy: "Oh, do you work out a lot"
Me: "yes"
Guy: "Well i think you are one of the most beautiful women i have ever seen"
Me: "Thanks"
Guy: "Wow, you just made my day by smiling, can i buy you a cup of coffee?, Im Troy by the way, whats your name?"
Me: "oh no thanks, i just had some"
Troy: "whats your name?"
Me: "Agustina"
Troy: "Wow, thats beautiful, well can i give you my number, so that we can do coffee some other time?"
Me: "oh, sorry, no...i am seeing someone, thanks though" ---- (total lie)
Troy: "oh ok...well it was great to meet you"
Me: "yeah, you too"

It was very odd...but definitely made me wonder who on earth thinks that totally porky me (these days i am feeling very porky) with a super cold, that has my nose guiding Santa Clause, could possibly think that i am remotely close to being the most beautiful woman ever seen....i guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But despite it all, it caught my attention and i am here writing about it now. what strikes me as extremely funny, is the commentary from the old woman who observed teh whole scene:

Old lady: "wow, men just are pickin up women just anywhere these days"
Me: "yes that was very strange"
Old lady: "well you handled it very well"
Me: "thanks"
Old lady: "Dotn worry honey, i may be old but if he tried anything funny, i was going to hit him with my cane!"
Me: "Hahaha, Thanks!"

Anyways, all too weird.

Side Note: I think my sister's bf is starting to grow on me.

3 comments:

TessyTris said...

Oh stop it girl. Remember....Beautiful Augie!!!!! Glad to see ya back in cyber world!

sassy stephanie said...

Omgosh. ROFL. At the you think you are porky part. Not the old lady part. Well, lie. I'm laughing at that part too.

Jennifer said...

That totally cracked me up.