Monday, December 22, 2008

Mothers

Today was a sad day for my boss. Her mom passed away.
I was thinking...what an awful time of year to have such an important person go. Granted she was a little older, but i have friends, my age, who have had their mothers pass away due to cancer as well. I cannot imagine what my life would be like without my mom. This person, this woman, is more than likely responsible for molding us into who we are. If we are lucky, they are there for birthdays, sporting or other activities, to make you do your homework, and to share at least one daily meal with you, as you grow up. When we get older, we tend to go to them for advise, about guys, about receipes, how to plan parties, how to decorate, when we get sick they are there no matter what your age. If you have kids they are there to help you...These are just a small sample of the things that mothers do...
Anyways, point being that i cannot imagine what my life would be like without my mom, and today especially, i am thinking of all my friends that have had the unfortunate luck of losing such an important relative. My thoughts are with all of you, in all parts of the world, you know who you are.

3 comments:

KCWoodhead said...

Your boss and her family will be in my prayers. My aunt, too, died of cancer 5 years ago today.

TessyTris said...

Sorry about your boss. Funny, I just saw your Mom last night! And my 21 year old daughter was sick on Friday night. Who did she call? Mommy....she even slept in the bed with me!

June said...

I need rest and relaxation...so I am at my mommy's ranch where my cell phone doesn't get service and this is the first day I have been on the computer...NICE!