Wednesday, October 15, 2008

MuggggggggggGIE!

that is what it was this morning. gross.
on monday, i forgot to pack my socks for my run after work. it led to a hole on the heel of my foot which i have been having to treat with bandaids. one falls off another one goes on. anyways, i suffered by putting on the very shoes that created the blisters that caused the holes on my heels. not to mention that i had to drag myself out of bed, becuase i made a promise that i would be at wills hills. i walk out the door and yes, i felt like i walked into a bowl of creamy soupy soup. why is it so muggy? it is the freakin middle of october! i should be seeing multicolored leaves on the trees (oh wait --- hurricane ike took them all), i should be wearing my fall clothes, i should be COLD when i walk out of the house for a run!!! anyways, i get in my car and head to wills hills. head over to where the workout is taking place only to figure out that the rain that showered over houston overnight had in fact caused a lot of mud puddles on our run course. i quickly diverted, ran back to the car and headed to the park, where i ran into some people i knew and did a loop with them. twas good, but i was more sweaty today after 24 minutes of running at 6AM, than i was a week and a half ago, after swimming, biking, and running for nearly six hours in teh heat of the day. WTF?!
The rest of the day sucked. my stomach hurt all day. no clue why. it still hurts, and at the rate its going i have no hope of the pain ever ending. i have taken my medicine, and i have drank ginger ale. what more can i do?!
oh, and the milk carton cut me as i carried the grocery bags up the stairs. fun.
tomorrow should be better. happy hour after work. yip.

2 comments:

June said...

I can't wait until it quits raining today to go run...it is going to be so humid. YUCK! Wow, 3 posts in a row! :)

sassy stephanie said...

SUCK IT UP and stop yer bitching. I can tell you are in a "mood" reading this.

Things to be thankful for:

1. You CAN run, and pretty freaky fast, may I add

2. Your shiny curls rock

3. You have peeps to run with, unlike some of us stuck in the middle of nowhere, who try to run only to be chased by dogs

4. You have friends like me to kick you in the ass and set you straight again